.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Introduction


This blog is a tracking of the murder case of Brittney Gregory by Jack Fuller Jr. for those looking for information.

I had planned to cover the facts as they unfolded, piece together as much of the press and information as I can, since many of the sources of information are either poorly linked, or disappear to archives (some paid).

At some point I still hope to get some, interviews with some of the players in this case,as well as Brittney's family and friends. I have opted not to even try up until now as I felt there were other places their attention needed to be focused.

While I tried to remain unbiased, once Fuller admitted to killing Brittney, it became impossible for me as a father of a young girl to be COMPLETELY "fair and balanced". But despite that, all information that I uncover will be found here.

Please feel free to comment, but remain civil. (especially towards each other).


 

 

Friday, October 21, 2005

 

No shred of humanity



Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 10/21/05

Jack Fuller finally admitted what most people long knew. He killed 16-year-old Brittney Gregory of Brick. After Fuller pleaded guilty Tuesday in an Ocean County courtroom, his lawyer, John Goins, put a despicable spin on Fuller's motive for the plea.


Fuller, he said, "understands, as devastating as (providing the details of her death) would be for the family, a trial would be more devastating. . . . I believe Mr. Fuller knew it was time to step forward and let people know exactly what happened and take responsibility for his actions."


Fuller "took responsibility" for one reason: to shorten his prison sentence as part of a previously negotiated plea arrangement. Thanks to that agreement, Fuller, 39, will serve only 30 years behind bars. Given the horrific nature of the crime and his lengthy criminal past, he never should have been given the chance to be a free man again.


In court this week, Goins recited the chilling details of the cold-blooded murder and Fuller affirmed them in emotionless, matter-of-fact responses. Several of Brittney's family members were overcome with grief upon hearing the motive for the murder, and the details of her death, for the first time.


Brittney was a lovely, straight-A student who accepted a ride from Fuller, a family acquaintance, the night of July 11, 2004. Fuller said he killed her because she objected to him smoking crack cocaine while she sat next to him.


If Fuller had even a scrap of compassion, he wouldn't have punched Brittney in the head twice with the intent to incapacitate her. Nor would he have ignored the choking sounds and the gurgling noises Brittney made after she went unconscious from the blows to her skull. If Fuller had any feelings at all, he wouldn't have waited to "check on" the lifeless Brittney until after he finished smoking the crack cocaine.


If he had any concern for Brittney's family members, he wouldn't have made them sit through 16 agonizing days between the time Brittney was last seen alive in Howell and when her body was found in a shallow grave in Brick. If he had any decency at all, he wouldn't have let the case drag on for more than a year, only to plead guilty under a plea deal a week before his trial was to begin.


Fuller has been under the eye of the state's penal system for the better part of 18 years. Since 1987, not a single year has gone by when he hasn't faced some type of court action or been in prison or on probation. In May and August of 2000, he was sentenced to five years in prison on each of two separate theft cases. The sentences ran concurrently, and he was out in 2002. In the two years between his release and Brittney's murder, he was returned to prison for three months for probation violation, pleaded guilty to assault and was indicted on a drug charge.
There's no trace of humanity left in this vile creature. And 30 years isn't nearly long enough for him to be able to see the light — no matter how anyone tries to spin it.


Comments:
Joe....

Just wanted to say thank you. This case still haunts me.
A beautiful child gone because of a crazed, cold drug addict.
He lives and her family weeps.

There is no justice
 
That poor girl having to go through that and then for them to only give him 30 years. That's what is wrong with our system, these people do not get enough time and are let out to roam the streets and rape/molest or murder again.
It's just not right.
 
HI JOE,

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WRITINGS.
I CAN'T WAIT TIL JAN 13TH.........
I WAS IN THE COURT ROOM A FEW WEEKS BEFORE HIS (DUH) ADMISSION OF KILLING BRITTANY AND HE LOOKED OVER AT ME AND I CAN'T EXPLAIN THE STARE I GAVE HIM, KNOWING IN MY HEART HE MURDERED THAT CHILD...
I WAS AT HER FUNERAL AND WENT TO THE HELL HOLE THAT MONSTER PUT HER IN...WHY?? DON;T KNOW, BUT SHE IS IN MY HEART FOREVER.
AND MAY JACK ROT IN HELL!!

MAUREEN, BRICK N.J.
 
This is for Brittany

Brittany,

HI Brittany its Lexi... Samantha's cousin i miss u so much i am 12 know and i wish i could have one more day with you. Jack should be dead rite know he is a complete total a-hole!! He took u away from you family Samantha and me.. I wish u were at Samantha's house that day he kidnapped you and killed u.. If u were u would still be here:( :( :'(

R.I.P
Your friend,
Lexi
P.S Have fun playing up in heaven i cant wait to meet with u again up there!!!
 
brit <3
i love you babygirl. so much, you are missed each and every single day. we are always thinking of you.

love always
caitlin
 
Brit!
Hey its bryce brandao(: I hope you remeber me..I was a kid you taught me how to swim i was about 6 or younger! You were my bestfriend!You were a life guard in kingsley..I still go to you memorial site avery year..I give you gifts all the time.I miss you lots and I love you kid.Im 13 jow and im all grown up.I wish you were here to see how old and grownup i go and same to you.I love you lots
-Love bryceyy
 
Brit ,
First i want to say i miss u so much , not a day goes by that i dont think of you , tears always fall , and my heart fills with so much anger and hate that what happened happened .. we tried so hard to find you , i miss playing basketball , goin up the pool me , u and bj , you guys ment so much to me , and for me u will never be forgotten , i love u lit sis,may u rest in peace ,ill c u heaven
Love always ,
anthony
 
Hey Brit!
Its Bryce(: Iv'e grown up so much!
I miss you babe(:
You thought me sooo much !
I look completely different Your probably looking over me now lol.
I have piercing I lost 30 pounds my hair is purple Im going to a mac miller concert tommrow! Google him if you have internet service in heaven You would love him.
Well I have to go now but ill stop at your memorial sometime again Love you!
xoxoxoxo
Bryce
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?